Sunday, March 13, 2016

ROCK by J.A. Huss


Book Synopsis:

My American Dream just shattered and they think I did it on purpose. They have sentenced me to hell by sending me back to the last place I want to be. They have people watching me twenty-four-seven. They want the truth about how my band mates died, and they’re going to get it, no matter what. 
No matter how hard I fight. No matter how many times I deny it. No matter what it takes, the truth is going to catch up with me. 
I am Rowan Kyle Saber. I am RK. I am Rock. Ex-lead-singer for Son of a Jack. Ex-addict, ex-friend, ex-boyfriend, ex-brother… and presently in denial. 
Welcome to Grand Lake, Colorado, where all my nightmares started. Welcome to the past. Welcome to the present. Welcome to RK’s fucked up life.
The only thing holding me together is her. But even that might be a lie.
Poor RK. He's lost everything - is band mates and his one true love. Now he finds himself in his hometown where he never wanted to return in order to recuperate. 

He's immediately confronted with the past when the identical twin of his one true love confronts him in his childhood home. Or is it the twin? The one that tricked him over and over again, pretending to be the one he loved.  Soon he doesn't know what to believe? Could it be that Melissa is really alive? 

The mystery and suspense in ROCK is great. The mystery of Melissa and Melanie really makes you think. I went back and forth several times on what I thought. In addition to the Melissa/Melanie plot there is the mystery of what really happened to his band mates. Could his memory of that night be wrong? Why has he been blacking out?

Lucky for RK he has many people in his life and hometown that care about him. They work to keep him safe and help him heal. Finally, he starts to make headway as he begins to let music back into his life and he's open to remembering what really happened. 

I've enjoyed all of J.A. Huss' books, but this one seemed to have a lot more suspense than the other ones. I loved it.








Check out J.A. Huss' other books:

No comments:

Post a Comment