Monday, May 2, 2016

KISSING THE KILLER by B.B. Hamel - REVIEW

SYNOPSIS:

The killer took me, but I won’t be his. 

He came in the night, killed my abusive father, and carried me away.

Brooks is an arrogant mafia hitman, all ripped muscles and dark tattoos. He kills for a living, and he doesn’t get close to anyone or anything.

But he spared my life that night. He should have shot me, but instead he took me home and kept me safe.

Now we’re on the run. If the mafia finds out what he did, we’ll both be finished.

Killer, protector, cocky jerk. I need him, but I hate that I want him. 

He destroys everything in his path. I know if I let him, he’ll ruin me too.

But I have to give myself over to him, or we both might end up dead.

Kissing the Killer is heart-pounding violent, beyond steamy, and features some very dirty language. It’s only recommended for audiences 18+.

Kissing the Killer is a standalone, full-length novel. No cliffhanger. Guaranteed HEA.

REVIEW:

Emma's life has been rough. Her father has become increasingly unstable and angry since her mother's death. She has had to deal with his hoarding, physical and emotional abuse, and thieving. She has been trying to get enough money to escape, but even though she'd hide her stash in different places around the house, he'd always find it.

When she hears people creep up the stairs and yelling in her dad's bedroom, she knows her father's actions have caught up with him, but when she hears the gun shots she fears for her life.

Brooks is a hitman. He kills for the mafia. He's done it hundreds of times and this job is just like all the others. As he and his partner make a sweep of the house to make sure there aren't any witnesses, the job changes. He finds a beautiful girl hiding. His first instinct is to tell her to hide again and pretend he never saw her, but his partner shows up and ruins the plan. He either has to kill her or take her as a prize.

In order to save her life, Brooks decides to take her prisoner. It's only a temporary solution, but it will at least give him a couple of days to come up with a plan to save her permanently.

Has Emma found a hitman with a conscience? A hitman with a heart of gold? He claims he doesn't hurt women - doesn't take jobs involving women and kids. Should she believe him? Can she trust him?

Emma and Brooks feel an instant attraction which makes the situation even more dire. Brooks has to find a way to save Emma while making sure a hit isn't put out on him.

Brooks is a dirty talker and makes Emma weak in the knees. His confident attitude makes her feel safe and secure. Soon, being owned doesn't seem like such a bad thing. Especially if it's the right man who owns you.

No comments:

Post a Comment