Monday, May 16, 2016

A MESS OF REASON by A. Wilding Wells - REVIEW

SYNOPSIS:

Scout Steele is the country music star People magazine just voted “sexiest bachelor”. More than that, he’s my best friend forever, my bff. OK, not quite my lingo - I’m almost thirty. We’ve shared everything, and then some. Even crossed the line a few times, but not too far. Well, mostly…. He’ll go to the end of the world to make me happy; he knows me inside and out. Except, that is, my most intimate and darkest defect; this he must never know. It would ruin us, and ‘us’ is the only thing that matters. So I’m marrying someone who doesn’t care about the truth or, frankly, even me.

She’s twisted and sexy as all get out. Brilliant and beautiful, Tess Harlow is my best friend and my forbidden fruit - the woman I’ve always known and loved the best but can never have. Between my tours (and sexy groupies) and her man-juggling, we’ve never found “our time”. I love her to pieces but she’s about to marry the bane of my existence, rocker Creed Luce. He’s a walking cliché and he treats my Tess like hell - why she stays with him I still haven’t figured out. I am always there for her…but not this time. Tess deserves better, way better, my better. The door is half-open and I have my ways. Her best friend is about to become her best lover.

REVIEW:

I am so thankful I came across A. Wilding Wells. She is amazing! A MESS OF REASON is the third book of her's that I've read. Check out HOW TO TAME BEASTS AND OTHER WILD ANIMALS and A FIELD GUIDE TO CATCHING CRICKETS if you end up liking this one.

Scout and Tess have been best friends since middle school. They've kissed a couple of times, but its never gone farther than that. Everyone around them sees they belong together, but it's never been the right time for them. When one is single the other is in a relationship and visa versa. Now, after several years of living away, Scout has finally talked Tess into moving back home. They are going to be working on a cutting edge entertainment industry project. Even though they'll be able to spend a lot of time together, a relationship doesn't seem in the cards now either. Tess is engaged and will be married in a few weeks. Scout isn't happy about it, but Tess is his best friend and he'll support her in anything she decides.

Both Scout and Tess have feelings for each other, but neither knows it. Both too afraid of losing their best friend if something goes wrong between them. Eventually Scout can't take it anymore and let's Tess know how he feels. He can tell she wants him, too, but something is holding her back. She has a desperate need to get married and have kids, something Scout isn't opposed to, but she seems committed to marrying a loser like Creed as well. Turns out Creed is a safe choice for Tess. He doesn't require her to bare all, bare her soul, or bare her secrets to him. Scout would and there are things Tess can't even tell him.

Scout decides he is willing to do what it takes to get Tess to let him in - to trust him with the secret she has been keeping since she was a child. Will Tess be willing to share everything for a chance with the love of her life because Scout isn't committing to her until she trusts him with it all.

A MESS OF REASON was another one-sitting read, just like both of A. Wilding Wells other books. FYI - A FIELD GUIDE TO CATCHING CRICKETS isn't available yet so keep checking your book seller of choice. It is scheduled for release on June 7th, 2016. Here is a link to the Goodreads page.

Until then, be sure to order the two that are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment